The most meritless claim a man can stake is any kind of privilege by birthright.
Yet there is a whole population of people who think that they are specialer than others merely for the circumstances in which they were born. Circumstances they themselves had no influence over.
That population I am referring to are the U.S. citizens who act as if it's wrong for undocumented immigrants to seek refuge in our country. These people think that only they and their fellow born-on-U.S.-soil folk get to enjoy the fruit of the location, and that all them foreign folk should get 'Fuck back into their country. It's as if this is their land. If asked whether the United States of America should give the entire continent back to the Natives who lived here first and who had their soil violently torn from many of their lifeless fingers, how do you think said two-faced folks would respond? I'd give you a hint, but then I'd have to slap you.
It's one thing to fight for "your own" I expect nothing less from anyone. But it's another thing altogether to act as if you fight for this "right" that you and "your own" possess merely because you were born a certain way, or under certain conditions. Have some respect and definitely some humility because you look like nothing more than a selfish, short sighted monster when you treat other people like you get the special treatment just because you were born in a specific spot on this planet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I personally have a problem with non-citizens who get financial aid for education from the government. Am I one of those two-faced people?
ReplyDeleteI see nothing wrong with providing services to citizens before illegals. After all, they are knowingly breaking the law of our land which should serve its citizens first. I also think we need to fight things like poverty at home before we go overseas.
ReplyDeleteOnce again, it's one thing to fight for "your own" and yourself. But it's all too important how you carry that fight out. It's about the attitude we express when fighting for our selves. It's just not right to go around saying we have some intrinsic right to being here, and that unemployment is their fault and things of this manner.