Tuesday, June 8, 2010

On parting ways...

I have to remember that parting ways is often more permanent than I would prefer it. We're talking about between friends, lovers, and everything in between.

Sometimes no matter how hard you try, you just can't bridge gaps. What remains to comfort in light of this fact, is that new bridges will naturally form with time.

There are so many things I would like to say to so many people I once knew, but will never get the chance. Too bad. Then again, there are things to be said to people I'm still in touch with, but can't just because of social restrictions. I'll just have to say it all here. However, as no clues will be offered to who the people are, this is a one time shot. Once said, even I may forget who the point was referenced to.

Person 1. I hate recalling the things you did, but could never do without the lessons I learned from them. You meant well, but fell so short being a mostly good memory. I love what I gained from you, but hate how I had to gain it. Let's not mention too clearly how I'm also ashamed of recalling some of my own actions here.

Person 2. I'm glad I met you. You showed me that flaws exist even in the people I initially see as flawless. You also showed me that even the best intentions may go un-acted without proper aggression. We may never grow close, but I'm definitely open to it.

Person 3. You were my biggest childhood influence, yet when I see snippets of you and your personality now I'm glad we never connected the dots. From what little I've come across, you haven't changed that much, I just see things through a different lens.

Person 4. My friend, what happened? It's a shame that things had to come to a close with such an apparent lack of interest on your part. Especially considering how much fun we once had. I will remain open to the future possibilities, though I wouldn't hold my breath. Hope all is well anyway.

Person 5. She's no good for the you that I know you could be, but perhaps that's no longer--scratch that, never was important. You've always been pretty closed off, which makes being upset with you a little difficult, but maybe that doesn't matter either. I hope you don't screw yourself in the long run.

Person 6. I'm impressed with you. It took some time, but in my eyes you've come a long way. I look forward to seeing your progress for many years to come.

Person 7. You really helped me during a hard time. Thanks, and I hope we keep in touch for a long time to come.

Person 8. You were crazy. As much as I hated having known you, you were still a required, albeit lowly, first step to getting where I am now. For the record, I harbor no more ill feelings towards you, but it's still a shame the way you turned out.

Person 9 & 10. For the both of you, a part of me will probably wonder for the next few years what could have been. But it's a very small part of me. 9. you became really cold real fast, which I really dislike about our culture. Pisses me off actually. Though I will say I don't really see another way to have done it. 10. Hope all is going well and will proceed to do so.

Person 11. I think you were my first misstep in the ways of "love." You were always pretty hot which made realizing the mistake of passing you up that much more painful. But what you did those few years later wasn't very cool. Like 9. that was pretty lame. But whatever, I can't blame the majority of your gender for having no balls. After all, that I suppose is what makes things work.

Person 12. In terms of what I have always sought, I was so incredibly lucky to have met you. I can't wait to see what you grow into, and to be there along the way.

Person 13. I'm sorry we couldn't do more. If there are a few people that I have long-term hopes to re-establish contact with, you would be one of them.

Person 14. You, like 13. I hope to re-establish regular touch with some day, but perhaps more so. I am fondest of you, out of the group you came from.

Person 15. I'm glad you turned me down, but I want to acknowledge that you were still one of the few people I could be near completely frank with, and whose I respected understanding I very much respected.

Person 16. If there was ever a person I wronged unjustly, you were it. What I did was unfair to you and I am completely ashamed of what an ass I was. I will tell you the extent of my shallowness. You simply shared the name of someone I had a crush on, and so your "lack of a face" made it easy for me to transfer my interest onto you. Unfortunately this built fantasy expectations and I think you understand what happened from the point of our first meeting. I'm so sorry. Faceless commitments were a mistake I never made again.

Person 17. You're basically like 3. but a little shorter termed. I'll be wondering for a while what could have happened if I took you up on that offer to go for a ride, but certainly not too hard. Seeing you now confirms that it turned out for the better. You like 3 seem to not have the kind of quality of character I'm looking for.

Person 18. Mom. Someone so flawed, yet still so special. I can only refer to you as a Mom. I owe you so much, and will probably always fall short of what is due but I just want you to know how much I am in your debt. Thank you so much for being the backbone of my existence.

Group no. 1 Thanks for allowing me to stay with you for the while that you did. I was kind of a stranger and eventually bailed, so I just want you to know I appreciated your hospitality. From what I can tell, you've all turned into swell individuals.

Group no. 2. Some of you were super shallow and really exclusive, especially when the whole group came together.

Many Nights DTC.

Addison.

No comments:

Post a Comment